About Me

My photo
Las Cruces, NM, United States
I am an avid sci-fi/horror/fantasy fan along with being a Right To Eat Animals activist, target shooter and general know it all with a little information about a lot of subjects which makes me slightly dangerous.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chronicling the Grind

Anyone who has read some of my previous posts knows that I am an avid poker player. I play predominantly on Poker Stars and Full Tilt Poker. In the past 6 months or so I have strayed from playing the conventional No Limit Texas Hold Em for the most part and have opted to play other games instead.

Poker Stars offers 5 Card Draw, which has become my mainstay for online poker along with many lower buy in tournaments for Omaha. They also had a promotion where you gather playing points and they could be used to unlock a cash award bonus. Over the past 2 months, I played and was able to qualify for the $10.00 added bonus to my account.

Beginning the day before yesterday, I decided to see how far I could take this ten dollars. I will be playing a mix of small buy in tournaments and low limit cash games and updating the results here. I am by no means a "great" player but I enjoy it so this is going to be a fun little experiment.

Day One saw me in a $2.20 buy in Pot Limit Omaha tournament in which I cashed out $6.00 in winnings, bringing the bankroll to $13.80. Day Two I was able to play a small cash table session with a $5.00 buy in and cashed off the table with $5.85, bringing the grand total to $14.65 for two days. I play when I can and do not feel the need to rush this so it may take some time to get this to any substantial amount but I will continue to update this after each session.

Anyone truly interested in how this is going may follow my playing statistics on either OPR (OfficialPokerRankings.com) for the tournament play and PTR (PokerTableRatings.com) for the cash play under the screen name of ShadowX1963. I'm not sure if PTR tracks the 5 Card cash play but I will be mixing in some Omaha cash games in this and those should be there.

Thanks in advance to all those that follow this little experiment from a not so great player in his endeavor to make a buck or two at online poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment